Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Grand Pool ??


Signs of Life

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:
Grand Pool ??
Permalink  
 


Guy's I very seldom post on BJ. But I scan through the posts almost daily.

I've been retired for a few years now and have heard about something that has me a bit bewildered.

Understand the Bastards at BNsf have devised another anal fornication to TY&E called " Grand Pool. "

Seniority means shit ? Extra boards history ?

Would love to know the goods on this B.S. From the folks in the know.

Thanks.

 

 

 

 



__________________

BNSF Blows..



Professional Asshole

Status: Offline
Posts: 5566
Date:
Permalink  
 

Iron-Chink wrote:

Guy's I very seldom post on BJ. But I scan through the posts almost daily.

I've been retired for a few years now and have heard about something that has me a bit bewildered.

Understand the Bastards at BNsf have devised another anal fornication to TY&E called " Grand Pool. "

Seniority means shit ? Extra boards history ?

Would love to know the goods on this B.S. From the folks in the know.

Thanks.

 

 


 They're running it on my territory and I haven't a clue what is does...yet



__________________





paypal.jpg



Upgraded Condition

Status: Offline
Posts: 13519
Date:
Permalink  
 

Is there any chance this means that now that Old Head Bucket is an Old Head, it won't mean anything?


__________________

If you're a genius, you've got to let it be known.



Upgraded Condition?

Status: Online
Posts: 7902
Date:
Permalink  
 

One grand per week?

New system here called self supporting pool. Works like regular chain gang pool except in the 6/2 config work 6. Days and get 2 days off.  Can't shut rest off. Rest days rotate so you can't bid on just the same two rest. Days. (Say sat and sun) sat/sun this week, 6 days work then ya get sun/mon off, 6 days work then ya. Get mon/Tuesday off. 

Only thing seniority gets you is you'll probably stay on the same turn unless you are. The. Lowest guy who gets bumped out first. Spall check entering periods where it wants too..tired of going back to fix.

guy marks off sick, dv,pl,etc his turn disappears from the list. Till he marks back up. No need for extra list.

The way it's been working When there is a train and no one rested or available then they get someone off the extra list to run as a make up turn. It's not supposed to work that way. They figgured everybody would stay marked up and the few vacancys would be absorbed by the working guys.

out of 13 turns in a pool I'm familiar with 7 guys have fmla and use it regular.take the fact that 4 to 6 guys are off day to day for rest, and it happens that the pool is running with all make up turns!!

wonder how fast fmla will disappear if the repugs get in control?

 

 

 



-- Edited by Calvin on Friday 2nd of October 2015 09:13:16 PM

__________________

 

 

 



Force Majeure

Status: Online
Posts: 20920
Date:
Permalink  
 

Calvin wrote:

out of 13 turns in a pool I'm familiar with 7 guys have fmla and use it regular.take the fact that 4 to 6 guys are off day to day for rest, and it happens that the pool is running with all make up turns!!


 Snippy has disputes going concerning this aspect of smaller pools where the rest days don't trigger on time and they get buncked up. The MU turns take over the pool and the pool stays buncked up.

Not sure how we'll escape it. LAMCO ain't making out so great, either. (GXB replaces pool.) But, they're stupidly fighting away instead of trying to make it work because they're control freaks. Your GC is plugging away at it, tu.



__________________

Do the math... 45 + 25 = 46 

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Oh, shit. world.angry= https://youtu.be/x2YLS80Nmls?t=7m36s



Upgraded Condition

Status: Offline
Posts: 1778
Date:
Permalink  
 

Snippy wrote:

 Snippy has disputes going concerning this aspect of smaller pools where the rest days don't trigger on time and they get buncked up. The MU turns take over the pool and the pool stays buncked up.

Not sure how we'll escape it. LAMCO ain't making out so great, either. (GXB replaces pool.) But, they're stupidly fighting away instead of trying to make it work because they're control freaks. Your GC is plugging away at it, tu.


 Good to know. We had our meeting last Monday. Our division doesn't like it. We hope to get things back to the way they were. 



__________________



Purveyor of Positive Attitudes

Status: Offline
Posts: 2739
Date:
Permalink  
 

I've been on 6-3's, 6-2's, 6-1's, even 8-3's for years. It started with first in-first out, got bastardized into last in-first out (not for long, thank god). It evolved from starts to scheduled days off. With the csll windows, it had worked out pretty good. If we don't get called for our "out day" (or are not rested because of the beating we took on our last trip) then we get paid a basic day. The next day, our "in"day, they can only call us to work within the 4 hour call window. If they don't call us, it's another paid day off. And you get aweekend off every 4 weeks (on a 6-3).

The chronically pissed off pelletheads have a 5-2 but they rebid every two weeks. The rest of us redheads along with the Cowboys bid every 4 months.

I guess it's all what you're used to, but I kinda like it.

__________________

Some people say I have a bad attitude. Those people are stupid.



Professional Asshole

Status: Offline
Posts: 5566
Date:
Permalink  
 

We once had the 10/5 which was the best thing ever. Then we had 7/3 boards with option to take the days off. Then we got 6/3 with option to take the days off. Now we have nothing. We depend on RSIA for any time off which they are very smart in holding trains to ensure your count restarts or keeping at the AFHT for 24+ to restart there.

My call window starts 10 hours after I tie up and doesn't stop till I get a train...cause we all know how well the lineups are.

__________________





paypal.jpg



Force Majeure

Status: Online
Posts: 20920
Date:
Permalink  
 

YardSlug wrote:

 Good to know. We had our meeting last Monday. Our division doesn't like it. We hope to get things back to the way they were. 


 CSX's unilateral imposition of the pools which rendered the term status quo moot, was arbitrated in Boston on 9/11.

No word on how long the good professor will take to write his ruling.



__________________

Do the math... 45 + 25 = 46 

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Oh, shit. world.angry= https://youtu.be/x2YLS80Nmls?t=7m36s



Upgraded Condition

Status: Offline
Posts: 1778
Date:
Permalink  
 

Snippy wrote:
YardSlug wrote:

 Good to know. We had our meeting last Monday. Our division doesn't like it. We hope to get things back to the way they were. 


 CSX's unilateral imposition of the pools which rendered the term status quo moot, was arbitrated in Boston on 9/11.

No word on how long the good professor will take to write his ruling.


 We were told that nobody from the GC is talking. They don't want rumors started and don't want to carrier to get some information to use against us. I guess it's better than hearing we lost. no



__________________

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!