Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Abbotsford train collision kills man driving car


The Forum Celestial Advisor

Status: Offline
Posts: 12865
Date:
Abbotsford train collision kills man driving car
Permalink  
 


Did you hear about the Pollock that tried to beat

the train to the crossing and hit the 42nd car?

This wasnt the case here but an auto crashed

into a moving empty coal train near Abbottsford BC.

Interesting to me is that the BNSF empty coal trains

is using SRY tracks to get to Sumas WA and a detour

down the BNSF Sumas Branch to Burlington WA and

on down to Everett. The BNSF Sumas Branch is so well

suited for empty coal trains going south. Once you get

past Sedro Woolley (Bully) its a piece of cake.

 

Abbotsford train collision kills man driving car

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/abbotsford-train-collision-kills-man-driving-car-1.2828838



__________________

"I live in the 114th most peaceful country in the world".



Cured

Status: Offline
Posts: 978
Date:
Permalink  
 

They are using fucking scabs !!! No good 2 bit cum guzzling picket jumping, shit eating scum bags, instead of using their unionized workforce.

__________________

Gentlemen, we all must realize that neither side has any monopoly on sons of bitches.
C.D. Howe (in Washington to resolve a shipping dispute)



Force Majeure

Status: Offline
Posts: 21554
Date:
Permalink  
 

Snippy thanks steamer 'london' for brilliantly painting a picture of the soulless mother fucking leeches he portrays. (Snippy feels the same way about their cousins, the no-bill freeloaders. They sleep in the same bed and wallow in each others' fetid shit.)

 

After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad, the vampire, He had some awful substance left with which He made a scab.

 

     A scab is a two-legged animal with a cork-screw soul, a water-logged brain, a combination backbone of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts, he carries a tumor of rotten principles.

 

     When a scab comes down the street, men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the Devil shuts the gates of Hell to keep him out.

 

     No man has a right to scab so long as there is a pool of water to drown his carcass in, or a rope long enough to hang his body with. Judas Iscariot was a gentleman compared with a scab. For betraying his master, he had character enough to hang himself. A scab has not.

 

     Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas Iscariot sold his Savior for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British Army. The modern strikebreaker sells his birthright, his country, his wife, his children and his fellow men for an unfulfilled promise from his employer, trust or corporation.

 

     Esau was a traitor to himself: Judas Iscariot was a traitor to his God; Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country; a strikebreaker is a traitor to his God, his country, his wife, his family and his class.

 

 

 



__________________

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire



Upgraded Condition

Status: Offline
Posts: 252
Date:
Permalink  
 

Just wondering Steam how long this has been going on..

Better half hadn't heard of it before she retired so I'm

assuming with in the last year or two. Used too know some

of the engineers running that way when I was working but

most of them are gone now too..



__________________

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.



Cured

Status: Offline
Posts: 978
Date:
Permalink  
 

mntman wrote:

Just wondering Steam how long this has been going on..

Better half hadn't heard of it before she retired so I'm

assuming with in the last year or two. Used too know some

of the engineers running that way when I was working but

most of them are gone now too..


 This has been going on since May 2014, ex cp hoggers and retiree's and other assorted cum guzzling scabs pick up the empties at Roberts Bank and go through CTC and onto SRY track. BNSF crews take over at either 4th ave in Abbotsford or Huntingdon yard, both on the Canadian yard. The union has been trying and fighting it but with no solid info as it is private company they are fighting its hard. combine that with stalling of the LRB by the company it is a tough battle. the hoggers to our info get $85 per hour,( $50 more than us ), run on a quit system and a rrsp ( 401 K) contribution.



__________________

Gentlemen, we all must realize that neither side has any monopoly on sons of bitches.
C.D. Howe (in Washington to resolve a shipping dispute)



Upgraded Condition?

Status: Offline
Posts: 8165
Date:
Permalink  
 

Looks like the agreement lapsed in March? Don't they have a RLA in Canada?

http://www.bcbargaining.ca/content/1445/Southern%20Railway_CUPE2014.pdf

The hiring of temporary employees will not adversely affect the employment of permanent employees.

Temporary employees will be paid one hundred twenty percent (120%) of the applicable straight time

hourly rate in lieu of annual vacation, statutory holidays and all other benefits and health and welfare items.

Temporary employees will not accumulate seniority.

Temporary employees shall not be hired to work in the Railway Operations



-- Edited by Calvin on Sunday 9th of November 2014 06:58:49 PM

__________________

 

 

 



The Forum Celestial Advisor

Status: Offline
Posts: 12865
Date:
Permalink  
 

The first I heard empty BNSF coal trains from Roberts Bank
coming via Sumas Branch was sometime this sumer and
it was because of trackwork being done on the Bham Sub.
Have the feeling that will become the norm as oil trains
become even more frequent and not enough track space
a day to handle all the traffic. I know the BNSF has been busier
than bees working on the BNSF Bham Sub from the Chuckanut
north to Blaine. Think the Sumas Sub has had a lot of
upgrading as well. Think maybe BNSF and SRY worked out
a deal as these empty coal trains found a "round-a-bout
way of escaping Beautiful British Columbia at Sumas WA.


__________________

"I live in the 114th most peaceful country in the world".



Cured

Status: Offline
Posts: 978
Date:
Permalink  
 

Calvin wrote:

Looks like the agreement lapsed in March? Don't they have a RLA in Canada?

http://www.bcbargaining.ca/content/1445/Southern%20Railway_CUPE2014.pdf

The hiring of temporary employees will not adversely affect the employment of permanent employees.

Temporary employees will be paid one hundred twenty percent (120%) of the applicable straight time

hourly rate in lieu of annual vacation, statutory holidays and all other benefits and health and welfare items.

Temporary employees will not accumulate seniority.

Temporary employees shall not be hired to work in the Railway Operations



-- Edited by Calvin on Sunday 9th of November 2014 06:58:49 PM


 Not sure what the RLA is, but the company feels that because the scabs are not affecting us, we have no right to complain. However they are also ignoring the fact that the last sentence is being ignored. 



__________________

Gentlemen, we all must realize that neither side has any monopoly on sons of bitches.
C.D. Howe (in Washington to resolve a shipping dispute)



The Forum Celestial Advisor

Status: Offline
Posts: 12865
Date:
Permalink  
 

Have to say the volume we are speaking of is up to 3 empty
BNSF coal trains a day coming from Roberts Bank and taking
the SRY route to Sumas. I would think that an empty coal
train would be an easy assignment as its a 60 mile run to
Sumas. So Steam is this not a run you would bid on.

__________________

"I live in the 114th most peaceful country in the world".



Cured

Status: Offline
Posts: 978
Date:
Permalink  
 

The Krink wrote:

Have to say the volume we are speaking of is up to 3 empty
BNSF coal trains a day coming from Roberts Bank and taking
the SRY route to Sumas. I would think that an empty coal
train would be an easy assignment as its a 60 mile run to
Sumas. So Steam is this not a run you would bid on.


 I can not bid on it as the scabs the cumpany has hired as non unionized operational staff get it ! They even get a quit to boot, which was deemed to unsafe for the rest of the unionized staff



__________________

Gentlemen, we all must realize that neither side has any monopoly on sons of bitches.
C.D. Howe (in Washington to resolve a shipping dispute)



The Forum Celestial Advisor

Status: Offline
Posts: 12865
Date:
Permalink  
 

I'm so sorry Steam. I mean catching an empty BNSF coal train
when the phone rings sounds like a dream come true. My last
years with BNSF were filled with labour strife. The elimation of
every clerks/operator job was on my mind at the time plus having
to relocate to Fort Worthless TX. Hang in there Steam as I
dont know what else to tell you.

__________________

"I live in the 114th most peaceful country in the world".



Barely a pulse...

Status: Offline
Posts: 2452
Date:
Permalink  
 

steam300 wrote:
The Krink wrote:

Have to say the volume we are speaking of is up to 3 empty
BNSF coal trains a day coming from Roberts Bank and taking
the SRY route to Sumas. I would think that an empty coal
train would be an easy assignment as its a 60 mile run to
Sumas. So Steam is this not a run you would bid on.


 I can not bid on it as the scabs the cumpany has hired as non unionized operational staff get it ! They even get a quit to boot, which was deemed to unsafe for the rest of the unionized staff


Q.  Has there been any action started to dispute this practice, in the way of a written grievance procedure ?



__________________

 

Drain the swamp

 

 

 



Cured

Status: Offline
Posts: 978
Date:
Permalink  
 

Thunderwagon5000 wrote:


Q.  Has there been any action started to dispute this practice, in the way of a written grievance procedure ?


 Yes, a formal written grievance ( stage 3 ) has been brought forward to the LRB . Without exact figures ie. pay stub or formal written documentation showing any factual information that the company is using non unionized staff in the rail operations department, its hard to prove. We all know that the lead manager is a fellow named Mike Lovitt, and the operations supervisor is named Reg Hamilton ( my american UP brothers and CSX guys might recognize the name, he worked down there ), but beyond that the trains are actualling running on our line, without any unionized men on board we need documentation. Its not like the company as it is a private corporation can be forced to provide it ! This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of or dealt with 



__________________

Gentlemen, we all must realize that neither side has any monopoly on sons of bitches.
C.D. Howe (in Washington to resolve a shipping dispute)



Barely a pulse...

Status: Offline
Posts: 2452
Date:
Permalink  
 

Oh yeah. Billionaire Washington family gangsters never let a slightly crooked collective agreement discrepancy get in the way of movin a little hot traffic. I get it. Sounds like some inside clerical information evidence might help the cause. Caulk suckers. 



__________________

 

Drain the swamp

 

 

 



Upgraded Condition?

Status: Offline
Posts: 8165
Date:
Permalink  
 

steam300 wrote:
Thunderwagon5000 wrote:


Q.  Has there been any action started to dispute this practice, in the way of a written grievance procedure ?


 Yes, a formal written grievance ( stage 3 ) has been brought forward to the LRB . Without exact figures ie. pay stub or formal written documentation showing any factual information that the company is using non unionized staff in the rail operations department, its hard to prove. We all know that the lead manager is a fellow named Mike Lovitt, and the operations supervisor is named Reg Hamilton ( my american UP brothers and CSX guys might recognize the name, he worked down there ), but beyond that the trains are actualling running on our line, without any unionized men on board we need documentation. Its not like the company as it is a private corporation can be forced to provide it ! This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of or dealt with 


 Looks like ya got everything you need with the car wreck. Who was running the train? Is he listed as an Engineer on your seniority roster?

How about the BOSS? The police should be happy to help ya'all out as most cops are union.

In the US the FRA enforces the rulebook of each railroad. It has been noted here that temps are not to be used in transportation. Did they have rules class this year? Recertifications?

Private co don't haffta answer to you, but they would answer the FRA.

FRA inspector here would be glad to pull an unannounced banner test to find scabs.......mite blow the top rite off!



__________________

 

 

 

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!