Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Live railroad webcams of the BNSF


The Forum Celestial Advisor

Status: Offline
Posts: 12865
Date:
Live railroad webcams of the BNSF
Permalink  
 


Right now the east and west views at La Plata MO on the BNSF superspeedway

between Chicago and Kansas City. I'm sure the Z-trains doing 70mph by this camera.

I've been checking in about 7-8PM La Plata time and there is bunch of fast stacks

and the WB Southwest Chief. I look at the stuff these trains are hauling and its the

hottest stuff USPS/UPS/FedEx/Hunt and train after train of cargo like this. This for sure

will satisfy you live webcam needs. Another great thing is trains have to whistle at the Xing

at La Plata from a ways away so you got time to get to your TV/Computer and see it.

I found this 30 minute "sampler" of recorded live to see if you want to watch trains here.

 

Then here is the link to live feed from BNSF La Plata MO.  Hi-speed BNSF action for sure.



-- Edited by The Krink on Wednesday 2nd of May 2018 11:37:30 PM

__________________

"I live in the 114th most peaceful country in the world".



Upgraded Condition

Status: Offline
Posts: 13989
Date:
Permalink  
 

Why is the rear headlight on? Another thing that used to bug me when I would see it. Marker and number lights, tu, steplights on in the daytime, whatever else.

__________________

Where'd those guys go?

 



Upgraded Condition?

Status: Offline
Posts: 8167
Date:
Permalink  
 

Cy Valley wrote:

Why is the rear headlight on? Another thing that used to bug me when I would see it. Marker and number lights, tu, steplights on in the daytime, whatever else.


 Every once in a while I used to like seeing where I had been.

Also good to check effectiveness of the sand all switch after dark.



__________________

 

 

 



The Forum Celestial Advisor

Status: Offline
Posts: 12865
Date:
Permalink  
 

Next BNSF live webcam is at Tehachapi Pass at Cable CA on what used to be ATSF/SP
joint track. Today the UP dispatcher runs the gauntlet from Kern Jct Bakersfield to Mojave.
I love the live radio feed to keep you interested and informed as the detectors go off at some
MP to let you know trains are running. This live at Tehachapi is best appreciated late afternoon
to dark. Also appreciated more on a 32" TV or larger as this is a distant kind of view and forget
about reading the engine numbers. The sounds of mountain pass railroading does translate on
this live view as you can hear a train coming...uphill...and making loud train locomotive noises.
There is a crossing to the east of this of this location that the trains whistle at and so if you hear
a whistle of a train it will be in view shortly in heavy dynamic whine desending the grade and this
location sees many meets a day. I never got to railfan Tehachapi and now I got a great view from
my make-believe cabin.



__________________

"I live in the 114th most peaceful country in the world".



Internet Punk

Status: Online
Posts: 2289
Date:
Permalink  
 

The Krink wrote:

Next BNSF live webcam is at Tehachapi Pass at Cable CA on what used to be ATSF/SP
joint track. Today the UP dispatcher runs the gauntlet from Kern Jct Bakersfield to Mojave.
I love the live radio feed to keep you interested and informed as the detectors go off at some
MP to let you know trains are running. This live at Tehachapi is best appreciated late afternoon
to dark. Also appreciated more on a 32" TV or larger as this is a distant kind of view and forget
about reading the engine numbers. The sounds of mountain pass railroading does translate on
this live view as you can hear a train coming...uphill...and making loud train locomotive noises.
There is a crossing to the east of this of this location that the trains whistle at and so if you hear
a whistle of a train it will be in view shortly in heavy dynamic whine desending the grade and this
location sees many meets a day. I never got to railfan Tehachapi and now I got a great view from
my make-believe cabin.

 


 From my Bakersfield working days, Cable was just north of the town of Tehachapi itself.....? It was called "Cable Crossovers" back then....A lot has changed since I was there....

 



__________________

 the speed on the track is 10 mph and its restricted speed, so at 10 on that blind corner they had a banner set up....





Internet Punk

Status: Online
Posts: 2289
Date:
Permalink  
 

Cy Valley wrote:

Why is the rear headlight on? Another thing that used to bug me when I would see it. Marker and number lights, tu, steplights on in the daytime, whatever else.


 That shit drives me up a wall too, Cy......Rear number lights on on multiple units, rear headlight on dim....That was just screaming, "I am a worthless fucking hawg!"

 



__________________

 the speed on the track is 10 mph and its restricted speed, so at 10 on that blind corner they had a banner set up....





Upgraded Condition

Status: Offline
Posts: 13989
Date:
Permalink  
 

Brizy wrote:
Cy Valley wrote:

Why is the rear headlight on? Another thing that used to bug me when I would see it. Marker and number lights, tu, steplights on in the daytime, whatever else.


 That shit drives me up a wall too, Cy......Rear number lights on on multiple units, rear headlight on dim....That was just screaming, "I am a worthless fucking hawg!"

 


 I am tu lazy to walk through my power, it was good tu go when that inbound got off of it because, as every rail knows, those guys from that other terminal are all grade A guys, right?



__________________

Where'd those guys go?

 



Upgraded Condition?

Status: Offline
Posts: 8167
Date:
Permalink  
 

Ya, them lazy Bastages....We all know ya gotta take em the way ya get em out of the outbound track, or get charged with delaying the train.

Those Mechanical guys always hook up/set up everything properly....yaaaaaaa

Ask me how many times on initial movement I tried the auto brake to no avail, and found the anglecock on the fuel hose closed behind the lead engine.



__________________

 

 

 



Force Majeure

Status: Offline
Posts: 21554
Date:
Permalink  
 

Calvin wrote:

found the anglecock on the fuel hose closed behind the lead engine.


 That's dangerous as all hell get out, Clcl!

What is one of the other engines stalled out of Diesel gas when you tried to accelerate at a intersection when the light turned green?



__________________

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire



Upgraded Condition

Status: Offline
Posts: 13989
Date:
Permalink  
 

Snippy wrote:
Calvin wrote:

found the anglecock on the fuel hose closed behind the lead engine.


 That's dangerous as all hell get out, Clcl!

What is one of the other engines stalled out of Diesel gas when you tried to accelerate at a intersection when the light turned green?


 You use more sand for traction, yeah, that's what you do.  Guess you forgot that endlessly handling those three cars.



__________________

Where'd those guys go?

 



The Forum Celestial Advisor

Status: Offline
Posts: 12865
Date:
Permalink  
 

So just added to the Vitural Railfan is Skykomish WA. BNSF Seattle to Chicago mainline
at the west end of 2.2% grade over Stevens Pass. Been to Skykomish many many times
and took lots of pictures and video but haven't been there for many many years. In recent
times the BNSF has finished a couple year project to dig up all the toxic spills from yesteryear.
During that time they move the Skykomish Depot to the other side of the tracks and now has
a miniature railroad that runs around it. Also parked is a GN SD9 with no number. Traffic frequency
is about 24 trains a day thanks to the Cascade Tunnel. Notice the operator of this webcam can move
the view around when trains are in town. He needs some practice. Best time to check is about 4PM
PDT until dark which is past midnight eastern time. Nothing like the sound of a train whistle echoing
off a dozen mountains.






__________________

"I live in the 114th most peaceful country in the world".



Force Majeure

Status: Offline
Posts: 21554
Date:
Webcams of the CSX
Permalink  
 


Ashland VA - Got to see the end of the train.

"Snippy" always thought that Budd RDCs (SPV-2000s) would be the salvation of passenger railroading. No matter what they tried, it never panned out.

https://youtu.be/KfXk5IIu2TE

 



__________________

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire



The Forum Celestial Advisor

Status: Offline
Posts: 12865
Date:
RE: Live railroad webcams of the BNSF
Permalink  
 


I've been watching live railroad webcams from a lot of different places and there is only
one live railcam if you want the "true live railcam experience" with excellent sound has
to be La Plata Missouri. BNSF Superspeedway where minimum track speed is 55mph but
most are doing 70mph. Everything is faster than you ever saw a freight train go before.
Manifest trains loaded with dangerous tankcars going 60mph. Its really surreal to me that
every day/night of the year freight trains go this fast on this stretch of railroad track.

Just a train passing is a "violent event" lasting a minute and a half. 2 trains passing in
different directions doing 70mph is really an unbelievable "violent event". So I found the

"West view at La Plata" that is awesome in the late afternoon to dark. If you are really into it
you can have the east view on one page of your browser and the west view on a second page.





__________________

"I live in the 114th most peaceful country in the world".

Uke


Cured

Status: Offline
Posts: 26034
Date:
Permalink  
 

Impressive! Five bigs up front, long-assed TOFC train hurrying right along. 2LARRCO gotta be makin' bux from shippers like Roadway, Schnider, JB Hunt, and dropping that cash right into Uncle Warren's bucket while he's still in charge of BRK-B.

Surely Buffett's conglomerate is churning those dollars, while not paying investors one dime in dividends! Cheapskate!

__________________

Oops, 504!

Something did not respond fast enough,
that's all we know...

 

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!